“I started CrossFit last September. I’ve learned a few things along the way.”
1. It’s not what I thought it was. I thought it would be bad for my knees and hard on my shoulders. I’m more mobile and flexible now. I thought there would be big sweaty brainless jocks grunting through the gym. CrossFit is for normal people.
2. It’s good for my brain. Every single workout is different and I love the variety. My coach has patiently broken down all the movements and scaled back …to my ability and strength level. There’s alot of terminology to learn and I’m doing work I never thought I’d be capable of a year ago.
3. It’s good to feel vulnerable because through effort and persistence there is growth. I had to shed my “I’ve been active all my life and I know alot about working out” attitude and get busy learning something totally new. It made me realize that I might need to get better at other things in my life I thought I was good at. I realized I like learning and growing and becoming better at something.
4. It’s hard- really hard. But so very rewarding.
5. I’ve only scratched the surface of what I’m capable of doing. I have a long way to go but I’m excited to get to work.
The point of all this is that my gym, KCI CrossFit, is offering free classes to moms all this week in honor of Mother’s Day. Please join me for a class this week and check it out for yourself!